Frequently Asked Questions
There are several reasons why a payment might not register as completed:
- Your wallet has underpaid the original amount – In this case, our checkout screen should inform you of any additional amounts which need to be paid as long as the initial payment is picked up. Please send remaining funds to the original BTC address.
- Your payment has a low transaction fee – If your payment does not have a sufficient fee attached, your payment might take longer than allowed to complete on the network and might even be considered invalid. If you send a low fee, and your transaction is not confirmed within 6 hours it will be refunded.
- You are sending a payment from an exchange/coinbase – Exchanges often delay payments in order to batch them, This causes issues with invoices becoming invalid. If you send a transaction from an exchange, and your transaction is not confirmed within 6 hours it will be refunded.
*Coincards.ca is currently working with a new payment processing system and there may be bugs and may cause your payment to not show up. Please contact us if you have not received confirmation of payment.
In most cases, Coincards.ca will ship the gift cards directly from our offices. Cards shipped from our offices will be indicated such on the product ordering page. We make every effort to get all orders out multiple times per week, however we typically do not stock gift cards. Physical Gift Cards are subject to a 5-10 business day waiting period to ship. We do not provide tracking, unless it was offered upon checkout.
In most cases, Canada Post standard letter mail will be used to deliver physical gift cards. We can not, nor does the merchant offer any sort of insurance against lost or stolen gift cards. Alternative delivery methods are not available at this time.
If you have paid for shipping during the checkout, Canada Post will send you an email with your tracking number. Please contact us if you have not received this.
If you opted for, or were only presented the option for free shipping, there is no way for us to track your shipment.
Some vendors will also provide tracking. We try to provide these details whenever possible.
Sometimes you realize you have made a mistake and purchased the wrong card, you no longer want the card purchased, or your transaction expired before getting a single confirmation. How do you get a refund?
*Important* – Refunds can only be issued if an order is either Awaiting Confirmations or is Confirmations completed. No refunds are issued on Processed Orders under ANY circumstances.
- If you would like a refund, please reply to your order email stating your reason for a refund, eg: You have orders an Apple.ca card instead of iTunes.
- Emailing us will open a ticket in our customer support backend. Our customer service agent will put your order on hold and possibly contact you asking for your refund wallet address.
- Your order will be refunded to your wallet address provided.
- At the time of Refund, Coincards will deduct any bitcoin transaction fees at the customers expense which Coincards incurs to refund the payment. Coincards will use the “Standard” fee unless otherwise specified by the client.
Ex: If your payment was for 0.01 BTC, and the fee to send you 0.01 BTC is 0.001 BTC, you will only receive 0.009 BTC to your wallet.
Our current bitcoin to CAD exchange rate is based on the BitcoinAverage.com current exchange rate.
Coincards.ca uses “Last” rate which is the main rate shown. Rates can also be viewed on the top left corner of any Coincards.ca page at anytime.
Current exchange rates can be viewed here: https://bitcoinaverage.com/en/bitcoin-price/btc-to-cad
As of January 2018, Coincards.ca moved to a new platform and unfortunately accounts were not transferred.
We are currently looking at allowing access to the old system for historical purposes.
Please recreate your account with any details you wish to use, including your old details.
Some vendors will allow our gift cards to be used while in the USA, however we do not maintain a list of these vendors and do not guarantee any of our cards to work in the USA.
At this time, we are unable to complete orders for customers within the USA.
At this time we are not able to offer an affiliate program however we are consistently looking for ways to add this in the future.
Unfortunately our business is based on a minimal viable percentage. We are unable to operate at percentages lower than 5%.
We do not current accept any other cryptocurrency directly except bitcoin at this time.
No. We have no plans to support Bitcoin Cash at this time.
We have a lot of reviews available here from various sources here:
If you are still unsure of our services, we invite you to try a smaller amount on your first order to test our services!
PS. If you asked a website if they were a scam, would they say yes? 😉